Thursday, September 3, 2009

Classes have started and we have been learning Arabic, Islam, and Politics and Cultures in the Middle East. We have huge books to read and many papers to write. This will by far be my most challenging semester and the one in which I learn the most!

The first day of class, my flatmates and I decided to dress up shirt and tie style and bring the class on the first day of class. It was fun!

Today we began our study of Islam with some videos on jihad and extremism... just to get that elephant in the room started. There was some interesting discussions!

As the homework begins and a rigourous class schedule starts, I will have to find a comfortable balance between the experiental education on the streets of Cairo and the in class education through books and academics.

No comments:

Post a Comment